STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford police arrested a cashier from Sak's Fifth Avenue on charges of embezzlement, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Jonas Johnson, 23, credited an account that did not belong to a customer who was attempting to make a return, the report said. Johnson went to a Sak's location in New York and made purchases totaling just under $2,500, then returned to the Stamford store to return the items and credit his own account, the Stamford Advocate reported.
- 1 Stamford Woman Avoids Being Swindled Out Of Thousands In Craigslist Scam
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 54 Arrests Were Made At Stamford Schools In 2013
- 5 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday