STAMFORD, Conn. — Police are searching for a tree crew that allowed a tree branch to fall on power lines Wednesday on Skyline Lane in Stamford, Sgt. Robert Shawinsky said.
The crew fled the scene before police arrived, and people living in the area did not know who they were, Shawinsky said. Police are checking with Connecticut Light & Power and AT&T to see if they had a crew working in the area, he said.
Shawinsky added that whomever was cutting the tree branches probably was not affiliated with either company because they are good at alerting the police department when they are in the area.
People were without power and phones for about an hour or so, he said.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News
- 4 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 5 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station