STAMFORD, Conn. — Police are searching for a tree crew that allowed a tree branch to fall on power lines Wednesday on Skyline Lane in Stamford, Sgt. Robert Shawinsky said.
The crew fled the scene before police arrived, and people living in the area did not know who they were, Shawinsky said. Police are checking with Connecticut Light & Power and AT&T to see if they had a crew working in the area, he said.
Shawinsky added that whomever was cutting the tree branches probably was not affiliated with either company because they are good at alerting the police department when they are in the area.
People were without power and phones for about an hour or so, he said.
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 4 Rain, Snow Threaten Stamford On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 5 'Tis The Season For Networking: New Group Forms In Stamford