STAMFORD, Conn. — Police are searching for a tree crew that allowed a tree branch to fall on power lines Wednesday on Skyline Lane in Stamford, Sgt. Robert Shawinsky said.
The crew fled the scene before police arrived, and people living in the area did not know who they were, Shawinsky said. Police are checking with Connecticut Light & Power and AT&T to see if they had a crew working in the area, he said.
Shawinsky added that whomever was cutting the tree branches probably was not affiliated with either company because they are good at alerting the police department when they are in the area.
People were without power and phones for about an hour or so, he said.
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Stamford Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 5 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury