STAMFORD, Conn. — Police are searching for a tree crew that allowed a tree branch to fall on power lines Wednesday on Skyline Lane in Stamford, Sgt. Robert Shawinsky said.
The crew fled the scene before police arrived, and people living in the area did not know who they were, Shawinsky said. Police are checking with Connecticut Light & Power and AT&T to see if they had a crew working in the area, he said.
Shawinsky added that whomever was cutting the tree branches probably was not affiliated with either company because they are good at alerting the police department when they are in the area.
People were without power and phones for about an hour or so, he said.
- 1 Embattled Stamford High School Appoints Two New Assistant Principals
- 2 Filmmaker Records Stamford's Memories In New Documentary
- 3 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Stamford
- 5 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer