STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford Police have charged a New York City Man with 26 counts of first-degree forgery after he was accused of using fake $20 bills to make purchases in the area, according to Patch.com.
John E. Flowers, 61, was originally arrested on Nov. 16 after a loss-prevention employee at Stop & Shop notified authorities that the suspect had attempted to use counterfeit money. Additional charges added recently after he was accused of using fake money at several stores in the area including, Grade A, Carvel, Subway and ShopRite, Patch.com reported.
- 1 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 First Niagara To Close Bank Branch In Stamford
- 4 UBS Lists Stamford Office Space As Available For Lease
- 5 Stamford Commission Seeks New Ways To Use Old Buildings