STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford Police have charged a New York City Man with 26 counts of first-degree forgery after he was accused of using fake $20 bills to make purchases in the area, according to Patch.com.
John E. Flowers, 61, was originally arrested on Nov. 16 after a loss-prevention employee at Stop & Shop notified authorities that the suspect had attempted to use counterfeit money. Additional charges added recently after he was accused of using fake money at several stores in the area including, Grade A, Carvel, Subway and ShopRite, Patch.com reported.
- 1 Connecticut OKs Funding To Replace Metro-North Bridge In Norwalk
- 2 Stamford Takes Big Steps, Installs Stanchions To Improve Crosswalk Safety
- 3 Frigid Wind Chills Will Continue In Stamford
- 4 Connecticut Sends Jumbo Snowblowers To Help Dig Out Buffalo
- 5 Stamford Teen Dances Role Of Sugar Plum Fairy In 'Nutcracker'