STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford Police have charged a New York City Man with 26 counts of first-degree forgery after he was accused of using fake $20 bills to make purchases in the area, according to Patch.com.
John E. Flowers, 61, was originally arrested on Nov. 16 after a loss-prevention employee at Stop & Shop notified authorities that the suspect had attempted to use counterfeit money. Additional charges added recently after he was accused of using fake money at several stores in the area including, Grade A, Carvel, Subway and ShopRite, Patch.com reported.
- 1 Husband Remembers WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi At Stamford Service
- 2 Stamford Woman, 76, Dies Thursday; Cops Say Son Beat Her Violently
- 3 Stop & Shop Recalls Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 Stamford Police Warn Of Strange Men Approaching School Girls
- 5 Woman Builds Business Empire In Stamford After Emigrating From Ecuador