STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford Police have charged a New York City Man with 26 counts of first-degree forgery after he was accused of using fake $20 bills to make purchases in the area, according to Patch.com.
John E. Flowers, 61, was originally arrested on Nov. 16 after a loss-prevention employee at Stop & Shop notified authorities that the suspect had attempted to use counterfeit money. Additional charges added recently after he was accused of using fake money at several stores in the area including, Grade A, Carvel, Subway and ShopRite, Patch.com reported.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Stole Truck, Then Returned It