STAMFORD, Conn. -- The night manager of a Stamford pet store was arrested Monday on charges of embezzling nearly $12,000 from the store, according to the Stamford Advocate.
The owner of Pet Valu on High Ridge Road became suspicious of Phillip Castaneda, 30, when she found that her store's bank deposits did not match up, the Advocate said.
The owner asked police to investigate, and authorities put out a warrant for Castaneda's arrest, according to the Advocate.
Castaneda is charged with second-degree larceny. He was released on a promise to appear in court.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford