STAMFORD, Conn. -- The night manager of a Stamford pet store was arrested Monday on charges of embezzling nearly $12,000 from the store, according to the Stamford Advocate.
The owner of Pet Valu on High Ridge Road became suspicious of Phillip Castaneda, 30, when she found that her store's bank deposits did not match up, the Advocate said.
The owner asked police to investigate, and authorities put out a warrant for Castaneda's arrest, according to the Advocate.
Castaneda is charged with second-degree larceny. He was released on a promise to appear in court.
- 1 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 2 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Stamford Commission Seeks New Ways To Use Old Buildings
- 5 First Niagara To Close Bank Branch In Stamford