STAMFORD, Conn. -- The night manager of a Stamford pet store was arrested Monday on charges of embezzling nearly $12,000 from the store, according to the Stamford Advocate.
The owner of Pet Valu on High Ridge Road became suspicious of Phillip Castaneda, 30, when she found that her store's bank deposits did not match up, the Advocate said.
The owner asked police to investigate, and authorities put out a warrant for Castaneda's arrest, according to the Advocate.
Castaneda is charged with second-degree larceny. He was released on a promise to appear in court.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Stamford, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Stamford; Blizzard Warning Issued