STAMFORD, Conn. -- The night manager of a Stamford pet store was arrested Monday on charges of embezzling nearly $12,000 from the store, according to the Stamford Advocate.
The owner of Pet Valu on High Ridge Road became suspicious of Phillip Castaneda, 30, when she found that her store's bank deposits did not match up, the Advocate said.
The owner asked police to investigate, and authorities put out a warrant for Castaneda's arrest, according to the Advocate.
Castaneda is charged with second-degree larceny. He was released on a promise to appear in court.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford
- 2 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman, 76, Beaten By Son Dies Of Injuries
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Former Stamford Man Suspected In Darien Cop's Death Arrested On Gun Charges