STAMFORD, Conn. -- The night manager of a Stamford pet store was arrested Monday on charges of embezzling nearly $12,000 from the store, according to the Stamford Advocate.
The owner of Pet Valu on High Ridge Road became suspicious of Phillip Castaneda, 30, when she found that her store's bank deposits did not match up, the Advocate said.
The owner asked police to investigate, and authorities put out a warrant for Castaneda's arrest, according to the Advocate.
Castaneda is charged with second-degree larceny. He was released on a promise to appear in court.
- 1 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News
- 2 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 3 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 4 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 5 Open Houses In Stamford This Weekend