WILTON, Conn. — Two Stamford residents were arrested last week in connection with a November shoplifting incident in which more than $500 worth of liquor was stolen from Ancona’s Wine & Liquor in Wilton, police say.
The suspects— Elsie Alvarez, 29, and Raymond Martinez, 30— are accused of helping several other people steal 14 bottles of liquor from the store Nov. 22, police say. The total value of liquor stolen was $523, police say.
This was not the first time Alvarez and Martinez were accused of stealing from Ancona’s, police said. Alvarez and Martinez, along with two others, were arrested on Dec. 7 and charged with stealing seven bottles of liquor totaling $275, police said.
After the December incident, the store management reviewed security footage and found that Alvarez and Martinez were also at the shop Nov. 22, according to the police report.
Martinez was arrested Feb. 18 on a warrant while appearing at Norwalk Superior Court. He was charged with conspiracy to commit fifth-degree larceny, a misdemeanor, and arraigned that same day.
Alvarez was arrested Feb. 19 on a warrant during an appearance at Norwalk Superior Court. She was charged with fifth-degree larceny and conspiracy to commit fifth-degree larceny, misdemeanors. She was released on a promise to appear in court on March 3.
More arrests in the Nov. 22 incident are pending, police say.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 3 Man Charged With Making Video Of Woman, 48, In Stamford Beach Bathroom
- 4 Police Search For Stamford Man In Armed Robbery Of Check-Cashing Business
- 5 Stamford Man Charged With Illegally Collecting $16K In Unemployment