STAMFORD, Conn. -- During a drunken early Sunday morning dispute, one man slammed a beer bottle over the head of another in Stamford, police said.
Norberto Najera, 44, of 33 Stephen St., was charged with second-degree assault and disorderly conduct.
Officers were called to a fight at 33 Stephen St. at about 5 a.m. Sunday and found a bloodied man with a large cut on his forehead, police said.
The man, who police said was extremely intoxicated, said another man who also lives in the residence had hit him over the head with a beer bottle for no apparent reason, police said. He told officers that Najera was in the basement apartment, police said.
Najera had a different story, telling officers that he hit the man to protect his brother because the two were fighting, police said.
His bond was set at $2,500. Police didn't have a court date for him.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 3 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker
- 4 NBC Pressures New Canaan's Brian Williams To Quit, Says Report
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview