STAMFORD, Conn. -- A Stamford judge dismissed murder charges Friday against a suspect who spent 17 months in jail connection with a deadly shooting in 2012, according to The Stamford Advocate.
Randy Francis, 26, of Stamford, had been scheduled to stand trial in the July 2012 shooting of of Darius Jones. Three others were wounded in shootings on Custer Street.
But judge John Blawie dismissed the charges Friday after a prosecutor determined new evidence made it unlikely Francis would be convicted. Senior Assistant State’s Attorney Joseph Valdes said recent DNA lab results, statements from witnesses and other physical evidence made it unlikely that Francis would be convicted. Francis was imprisoned after being arrested in April 2015 and was unable to post bail.
Glachan Charlestin, 25, of Bridgeport, still faces murder charges in connection with the shooting, Valdes said.
Click here for the story in The Advocate.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.