STAMFORD, Conn. — A Stamford man has been charged with sexually assaulting two girls when they were 11 and 14 years old, Sgt. Joseph Kennedy said.
This past Nov. 25 police were told about a case, dating to 1999, in which Carlos Abad, 50, allegedly assaulted an 11-year-old girl. During the investigation police found that another girl was assaulted in 2010, when she was 14.
In both instances, Abad allegedly touched the victims inappropriately, and in the 2010 case he allegedly got the victim drunk first, Kennedy said.
For the 1999 case, Abad was charged with risk of injury to a minor and fourth-degree sexual assault, Kennedy said. In the 2010 case, he was charged with risk of injury to a minor, fourth-degree sexual assault, third-degree sexual assault and providing alcohol to a minor, Kennedy said.
He was held in lieu of two $20,000 bonds, one for each set of charges, Kennedy said.
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 3 Disabled Vehicle Cleared From Snow-Covered Merritt Parkway In Stamford
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Separate I-95 Accidents Take Out Lanes Near Connecticut Border