STAMFORD, Conn. -- A Stamford judge has dismissed rape charges against a Norwalk man because the statute of limitations had expired, according to ctpost.com.
The charges were ultimately dropped because the statute of limitations on the alleged crime ran out in 1993, ctpost.com reported.
Muniz was accused of sexually assaulting a 19-year-old girl in August 1988. Muniz was never identified at the time of the incident, and suitable DNA analysis was not available.
The Connecticut Forensic Laboratory in Meriden reanalyzed the DNA data in October 2013 and received a hit on Muniz. A confirmatory DNA sample was taken from the suspect, and he was arrested in December.
The kidnapping charge against Muniz, however, was allowed to stand since there was no statute of limitations in effect, ctpost.com said.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford