STAMFORD, Conn. - A fire at a home in Stamford on Wednesday has been ruled accidental, officials said.
The fire was reported about 10 a.m. at 100 Sea Beach Drive in Shippan Point inside a rear wall of the residence. Due to strong winds, the blaze quickly extended to the home’s ceiling before being extinguished, according to Stamford Fire & Rescue.
The ceiling and a wall of the home had to be removed so firefighters could get to the hidden blaze, although damage to the home was minimal, and no injuries were reported, according to the fire department. About 30 firefighters from five units responded to the scene.
The fire was investigated by the fire marshal’s office, said officials.