STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford Professional Fire Fighters Association's 2013 Holiday Toy Drive collected 950 toys for needy children.
Fire fighters delivered toys to children at the Franklin Street Shelter, the Salvation Army, the Wilson Food Pantry, pediatric patients at Stamford Hospital and selected families in response to Dear Santa letters.
“Every year, we try to help parents dealing with financial hardships and give back so that every child can have a special holiday experience," Fire Fighter Donald Lowndes said in a statement. "We’re excited that we were able to lend a helping hand to some of our community members and put smiles on children’s faces."
One of the largest contributors to the drive was Bartlett Tree Experts, who donated $3,700 worth of toys.
- 1 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 2 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 3 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 4 First Niagara To Close Bank Branch In Stamford
- 5 UBS Lists Stamford Office Space As Available For Lease