STAMFORD, Conn. – A Stamford Fire Boat on duty during the city's fireworks show Saturday night was called to douse a fire on the barge off Cummings Beach where the pyrotechnics had been launched, according to Fox 61.
The fire broke out at about 10:30 p.m. after the show. Technicians were prepared for a small fire, which frequently occur during fireworks shows, but this one was too big to handle, Fox 61.
No fireworks or live shells were involved in the fire, just cardboard boxes, paper packaging and other debris, the story said.
No injuries were reported as the fire boat pulled up to the barge and used seawater to douse the blaze, Fox 61 said.
Click here to read the story at the Fox 61 website.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.