STAMFORD, Conn. -- An off-duty Stamford firefighter who ran into a burning home in Cheshire saved a family dog from the blaze on Tuesday, Jan. 28, according to Patch.com.
Zach McArthur was driving along Interstate 84 when he saw smoke billowing from a house at 104 Hickory Lane. After calling 911, McArthur kicked in the front door and swept the house, looking for victims. No residents were home at the time, but he was able to save the family's dog, Patch.com reported.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station