STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford Fire Department has unveiled the newest fire engine in its fleet.
The severe service engine will be assigned to Fire Station No. 9 at 684 Long Ridge Road.
The new engine uses the latest in technology and new specifications. It boasts its own EMS compartment with adjustable shelves and a 1,000-gallon poly-water tank.
The vehicle is powered by a 450-horse power Cummins diesel engine and is equipped with a rollover protection system.
Due to the advanced nature of the vehicle, all future purchases by the Stamford department will be modeled after the new severe service engine.
- 1 Police: Stamford Man, 85, Hit Wife In Head With Ax In Dispute Over Food
- 2 Stamford Woman Killed In Motorcycle Crash On Route 7 In Wilton
- 3 Driver Injured As Car Goes Down Embankment Off Merritt Near Stamford Border
- 4 Stamford Man Charged With DWI In Head-On Collision
- 5 Stamford Man Charged In Assault On Darien Girlfriend