STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford Fire Department has unveiled the newest fire engine in its fleet.
The severe service engine will be assigned to Fire Station No. 9 at 684 Long Ridge Road.
The new engine uses the latest in technology and new specifications. It boasts its own EMS compartment with adjustable shelves and a 1,000-gallon poly-water tank.
The vehicle is powered by a 450-horse power Cummins diesel engine and is equipped with a rollover protection system.
Due to the advanced nature of the vehicle, all future purchases by the Stamford department will be modeled after the new severe service engine.
- 1 Man, 62, Knocks Down Younger Victim In Road Rage Assault, Stamford Cops Say
- 2 Stamford Could See Up To 6 Inches Of Snow In New Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory Issued For New Round Of Snow Tuesday In Stamford
- 4 Stamford Man Charged With Fondling Wilton Woman During Meditation Session
- 5 Stamford Public Schools Cancels All Afternoon Activities Due To Snow