STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford Fire Department has unveiled the newest fire engine in its fleet.
The severe service engine will be assigned to Fire Station No. 9 at 684 Long Ridge Road.
The new engine uses the latest in technology and new specifications. It boasts its own EMS compartment with adjustable shelves and a 1,000-gallon poly-water tank.
The vehicle is powered by a 450-horse power Cummins diesel engine and is equipped with a rollover protection system.
Due to the advanced nature of the vehicle, all future purchases by the Stamford department will be modeled after the new severe service engine.
- 1 Stamford Ranks Among Best Cities To Live In Nationwide
- 2 Police: Man, Woman Both Wounded In Stamford Gunfight
- 3 Obama Sweeps Into Stamford To Raise Cash For Democratic Party
- 4 Beware Of Delays On Merritt During Obama's Visit To Stamford
- 5 Obama Departs From Westchester After Attending Stamford Event