STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford Fire Department has unveiled the newest fire engine in its fleet.
The severe service engine will be assigned to Fire Station No. 9 at 684 Long Ridge Road.
The new engine uses the latest in technology and new specifications. It boasts its own EMS compartment with adjustable shelves and a 1,000-gallon poly-water tank.
The vehicle is powered by a 450-horse power Cummins diesel engine and is equipped with a rollover protection system.
Due to the advanced nature of the vehicle, all future purchases by the Stamford department will be modeled after the new severe service engine.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Stamford
- 5 Future 5 Hires First Development Director In Stamford