STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Stamford Fire Department has unveiled the newest fire engine in its fleet.
The severe service engine will be assigned to Fire Station No. 9 at 684 Long Ridge Road.
The new engine uses the latest in technology and new specifications. It boasts its own EMS compartment with adjustable shelves and a 1,000-gallon poly-water tank.
The vehicle is powered by a 450-horse power Cummins diesel engine and is equipped with a rollover protection system.
Due to the advanced nature of the vehicle, all future purchases by the Stamford department will be modeled after the new severe service engine.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 3 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview