Contact Us
Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Stamford Construction Debris Starts Chimney Fire

The Stamford Fire Department was called in after construction debris touched off a chimney fire Monday night, the Stamford Advocate reported.
The Stamford Fire Department was called in after construction debris touched off a chimney fire Monday night, the Stamford Advocate reported. Photo Credit: File

STAMFORD, Conn. – The Stamford Fire Department was called in after burning construction debris caused a chimney fire at a home in Glenbrook Monday night, according to the Stamford Advocate.

Construction workers at a home on Cowing Place had been burning debris in the home's chimney in the process of replacing the flooring, the Stamford Advocate said.

Firefighters extinguished some smoking timbers on the home's second floor, reported the Stamford Advocate

There was little to no damage to the home, the Stamford Advocate noted.

Click here to read the Stamford Advocate article.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stamford Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.