STAMFORD, Conn. — A second man has pleaded guilty in a fatal stabbing outside a McDonald's in March 2015, a crime that shocked Stamford, according to the Stamford Advocate.
James McLamb, 24, who was charged with murder, pleaded guilty Friday to aiding and abetting a second-degree assault and will serve five years in prison, the Advocate said.
Marquest Hall pleaded guilty last week to first-degree manslaughter and will be sentenced to 20 years in prison.
Hall, who has been described as the lead attacker in the stabbing death, had been charged with murder and was looking at 60 years in prison if convicted.
When Antonio Muralles, 52, left the downtown McDonald’s, McLamb punched him several times in the face as Hall stabbed Muralles, the Advocate said.
Prosecutors said McLamb had gone to Hall's defense because he mistakenly thought the older man was picking on the teenager and did not realize there had been a stabbing, the Advocate said.
Click here to read the story at the Stamford Advocate website.