STAMFORD, Conn. — Police are looking for two men they said entered the Hope Bottle Shop and fire three rounds in the Stamford liquor store.
According to Lt. Diedrich Hohn, two men entered the store on New Year’s Eve, pulled out a revolver, fired off a round and said they were robbing the store.
The man with the gun then fired off two more rounds at the employee behind the cash register, police said, before another employee threw a case of beer at them and they left.
No cash was taken from the liquor store, Hohn said.
The robbery was not reported until Wednesday because the employee thought it was a hoax and that the suspects had a cap gun, Hohn said.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenager
- 2 Young Stamford Gymnast Vaults To Forefront In State Competition
- 3 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker