STAMFORD, Conn. — Police are looking for two men they said entered the Hope Bottle Shop and fire three rounds in the Stamford liquor store.
According to Lt. Diedrich Hohn, two men entered the store on New Year’s Eve, pulled out a revolver, fired off a round and said they were robbing the store.
The man with the gun then fired off two more rounds at the employee behind the cash register, police said, before another employee threw a case of beer at them and they left.
No cash was taken from the liquor store, Hohn said.
The robbery was not reported until Wednesday because the employee thought it was a hoax and that the suspects had a cap gun, Hohn said.
- 1 Rain, Snow Threaten Stamford On Busiest Travel Day Of The Year
- 2 Connecticut Report Cites Missed Opportunities To Help Sandy Hook Shooter
- 3 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Stamford
- 4 Fallen Tree Cleared From Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Catholic Diocese Expands Stamford Facility For Retired Priests