STAMFORD, Conn. — Police are looking for two men they said entered the Hope Bottle Shop and fire three rounds in the Stamford liquor store.
According to Lt. Diedrich Hohn, two men entered the store on New Year’s Eve, pulled out a revolver, fired off a round and said they were robbing the store.
The man with the gun then fired off two more rounds at the employee behind the cash register, police said, before another employee threw a case of beer at them and they left.
No cash was taken from the liquor store, Hohn said.
The robbery was not reported until Wednesday because the employee thought it was a hoax and that the suspects had a cap gun, Hohn said.
- 1 Stamford Baseball Standout Commits To University Of Hartford
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory Canceled For Northern Fairfield County
- 3 Prosecutor Slams Stamford Schools As Administrators Get Accelerated Rehab
- 4 Woman Struck, Killed By Metro-North Train Near South Norwalk Station
- 5 Stamford Man Found With Images On Computer Faces Child Porn Charges