STAMFORD, Conn. — A Stamford man Tasered while wrestling with a cop was charged with possession of PCP, police said.
The suspect, Wayne Johnson, was spotted trying to hide something by an officer patrolling the West Side, police said. Johnson ran from the officer after being told repeatedly not to put his hand in his pocket, police said.
Johnson was caught during a foot chase and began wrestling with the officer, police said. Backup officers arrived, and used a Taser on Johnson after he would not stop fighting with the cop, police said.
During a search, officers found PCP in Johnson’s pocket, which they believe he was trying to hide, police said.
Johnson, 43, was charged with possession of a hallucinogen, possession with intent to sell and assault on a police officer, all felonies. He was also charged with resisting arrest, a misdemeanor. He was held on a $75,000 bond and appeared in court Monday, police said.
The officer suffered a sprain to his left middle finger as well as minor injuries to both knees and an elbow, police said.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station