STAMFORD, Conn. -- A Stamford man is accused of trying to rip a rear windshield wiper off a Volvo SUV and then punching the owner in the face when the owner confronted him, police said.
The incident began when a husband and wife returned to their parked car on Bedford Street after 11 p.m. Sunday after having dinner, police said. They saw a man pulling off the rear wiper, police said.
The man confronted the suspect, demanded to know what he was doing and told him to stop, police said. However, the suspect, "turned around grabbed (the man), punched him in the nose and took off," said Sgt. Kelly Connelly. The man had a bloody nose as a result of the punch, Connelly said.
Officers were called and found the suspect nearby, police said. The Volvo owner was able to identify the suspect, police said.
Christopher J. Vesciglio, 24, of 53 Laurel Road, Stamford, was charged with second-degree assault and third-degree criminal mischief. He posted $5,000 bond. His court date was unavailable.
- 1 Yale-New Haven Hospital Admits Patient With Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 2 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Stamford Skies Sunday
- 3 Stamford Woman Dies After Being Hit By SUV On Hope Street
- 4 Connecticut Prepares After Yale Student Shows Ebola-Like Symptoms
- 5 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On I-95