STAMFORD, Conn. -- A man slipped three times into the bedroom where his 5-year-old son, 12-year-old daughter and her 12-year-old friend were sleeping and fondled the breasts of his daughter's friend during a sleepover last month, Stamford police said.
Stamford police arrested Aziz El-Hattab, 41, of Stamford, on Wednesday afternoon.
The 12-year-old victim alerted her mother via text messages at about 3 a.m. shortly after the alleged attacks, police said. She told her mother that it was an emergency and to come immediately, police said.
Her parents, who were visiting from out of state and staying in a hotel, immediately came over and confronted El-Hattab, police said.
Lt. Diedrich Hohn said police were called as the two families argued over the alleged assault. The family were friends and the 12-year-old had slept over at the home in the past, Hohn said.
Officers conducted a lengthy investigation that wrapped up with the Wednesday afternoon arrest of the pizza cook at his workplace, police said.
He was charged with fourth-degree sexual assault and risk of injury to a child. He was held on $20,000 bond.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford
- 2 Police: Stamford Woman, 76, Beaten By Son Dies Of Injuries
- 3 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford For Monday Morning Commute
- 5 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say