STAMFORD, Conn. — The Stamford man whose body was found at Cove Island Park on Saturday drowned, according to the autopsy, Lt. Diedrich Hohn said.
The autopsy also showed that Frank Kuleba had a 1-inch laceration behind his right ear, consistent with a fall, Hohn said. Police believe, the 50-year-old Stamford resident fell on the rocks at Horse Shoe Crab Beach and was knocked out Friday evening, the lieutenant said.
According to Hohn there were no signs of struggling or trauma consistent with foul play, and the man was in good health. Police are waiting for a toxicology report to see if drugs or alcohol could have been a factor, he said.
Hohn said police are unsure how Kuleba had gotten into the water or how the fall occurred, adding that it would not take much water for him to drown if he was knocked out. His body was discovered on the beach Saturday afternoon.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Stamford Man Hit By Car Remains In Critical Condition
- 3 Police: Cross-Dressing Man Charged In Stamford Mugging
- 4 Police: Homeless Patron Punches Stamford Bouncer In The Nose
- 5 Stamford Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach