STAMFORD, Conn. — The Stamford man whose body was found at Cove Island Park on Saturday drowned, according to the autopsy, Lt. Diedrich Hohn said.
The autopsy also showed that Frank Kuleba had a 1-inch laceration behind his right ear, consistent with a fall, Hohn said. Police believe, the 50-year-old Stamford resident fell on the rocks at Horse Shoe Crab Beach and was knocked out Friday evening, the lieutenant said.
According to Hohn there were no signs of struggling or trauma consistent with foul play, and the man was in good health. Police are waiting for a toxicology report to see if drugs or alcohol could have been a factor, he said.
Hohn said police are unsure how Kuleba had gotten into the water or how the fall occurred, adding that it would not take much water for him to drown if he was knocked out. His body was discovered on the beach Saturday afternoon.
- 1 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 Stamford Man Sentenced To 3 Years For Mortgage Fraud
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Stamford
- 4 New Canaan Cop Dragged During Arrest Narrowly Escapes Serious Injury
- 5 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48