STAMFORD, Conn. -- A Lexus owner ran after a man for nearly a mile after the suspect twice kicked his car for no apparent reason, police said.
Brian Michael Sachs, 21, of 21 Greens Circle, Stamford, was charged with second-degree criminal mischief and second-degree breach of peace.
Sachs was acting erratically, including confronting another pedestrian on Richmond Hill Street at about 9:30 p.m. Thursday, police said.
The car owner was hanging out with friends at 91 Richmond Hill St. and noticed Sachs, police said. Suddenly Sachs, who was walking back and forth, turned toward the 2009 Lexus and kicked it twice, causing dents to the car, police said.
The upset car owner chased after Sachs, down Richmond Hill Street, on to Clinton Avenue and eventually over to Atlantic Street before ending up in front of Bradford's at 83 Bedford St., where the car owner was able to stop him, police said.
Bond was set at $2,500 for Sachs. He was given a court state of July 31.
- 1 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Sold Cocaine To Undercover Cop
- 2 Young Stamford Slugger Belts Homers From Each Side Of Plate
- 3 Enjoy A Parade On Memorial Day, Stamford
- 4 Stamford Animal Control Report Calls For Shorter Leash On Volunteers
- 5 Stamford Man Gets 12 Years In Prison For Impregnating Preteen