STAMFORD, Conn. — Four Stamford massage parlors were raided last week and arrests were made for prostitution and for offering massage therapy without a license. the Police Department said.
The following locations were searched, according to the press release:
▪ The Aloha Salon, 1055 E. Main St.: one arrest for prostitution, one arrest for patronizing a prostitute and one summons issued for giving massage therapy without a license.
▪ The Palm Tree Spa, 985 E. Main St.: four summons for massage therapy without a license and one summons for interfering with police.
▪ The Apple Salon, 934 E. Main St.: two summons for massage therapy without a license.
▪ The Swedish Health Spa, 197 Main St.: three summons for massage therapy without a license.
At Aloha Salon, Palm Tree Spa and the Swedish Health Spa, police also seized $5,000 in cash and condoms, and the investigation is continuing, the release said. Police began an investigation because of numerous complaints about the locations which started the investigation, the release said.
The search warrants were executed Friday, with the Health Department and Fire Marshal’s office assisting, the release said.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Stamford Could See Light Snow Through Thursday Morning