STAMFORD, Conn. — Four Stamford massage parlors were raided last week and arrests were made for prostitution and for offering massage therapy without a license. the Police Department said.
The following locations were searched, according to the press release:
▪ The Aloha Salon, 1055 E. Main St.: one arrest for prostitution, one arrest for patronizing a prostitute and one summons issued for giving massage therapy without a license.
▪ The Palm Tree Spa, 985 E. Main St.: four summons for massage therapy without a license and one summons for interfering with police.
▪ The Apple Salon, 934 E. Main St.: two summons for massage therapy without a license.
▪ The Swedish Health Spa, 197 Main St.: three summons for massage therapy without a license.
At Aloha Salon, Palm Tree Spa and the Swedish Health Spa, police also seized $5,000 in cash and condoms, and the investigation is continuing, the release said. Police began an investigation because of numerous complaints about the locations which started the investigation, the release said.
The search warrants were executed Friday, with the Health Department and Fire Marshal’s office assisting, the release said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 5 Heavy Rain Headed To Stamford, Thunderstorms Possible