STAMFORD, Conn. — A man was able to get away from an armed robber Monday night in Stamford, Sgt. Robert Shawinsky of the Stamford Police Department said.
The victim said he was leaving a friend’s house on Stillwater Avenue, when he was approached by two men, the sergeant said.
One of them pulled a gun and began chasing the victim causing him to fall. When the man was on the ground the suspect hit him in the face with the gun, Shawinsky said.
The victim was able to get away and run from his assailant without being robbed and he was treated at the scene for facial injuries, he said.
The two suspects were last seen heading west on Stillwater Avenue and possibly to Liberty Street, the sergeant said.
The suspect with the gun was described as black, about 6 feet tall with a medium build, and was wearing a gray jacket, with dark pants, and a black winter cap, Shawinsky said.
Police are continuing to investigate and will be checking the security cameras in the area for evidence, he said.
- 1 Stamford Police Searching For Two Teens Caught Robbing Home On Camera
- 2 New Canaan Man, 48, Arrested On Child Sex Assault Charge
- 3 Stamford Art Festival Kicks Off At Harbor Point
- 4 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 5 Shark Sightings Lead To Beach Closure On Long Island