STAMFORD, Conn. - Police are investigating a stabbing which took place on New Year’s Eve in Stamford, police Lt. Diedrich Hohn said.
The victim told police he was arguing with another man at a house party on Davenport Street when he was stabbed in his arm, Hohn said.
The victim then fled the scene and ran about one-quarter mile to Greenwich Avenue before police found him bleeding profusely, the lieutenant said.
Police had searched for the victim after receiving numerous calls of a stabbing, Hohn said. The man’s artery was severed, and he was recently released from the hospital, Hohn said.
The man told police he knows his attacker, and an arrest should come soon, the lieutenant said.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Stamford On Wednesday
- 2 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 Stamford's Backyard Humanitarian Conducts Annual Coat Drive