NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan Police recently used a saliva sample found at the scene of a 2009 burglary to charge a Stamford man with the crime, according to The New Canaan News.
Flamur Thaqi, 27, broke into a Frogtown home in 2009 and made off with thousands of dollars worth of items and left no fingerprints behind, the New Canaan News said. Police found a spot of saliva on a tire of a vehicle and were able to trace it back to Thaqi, the New Canaan News reported.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Charged In Handsaw Attack In Stamford That Injured Ex's New Boyfriend
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting