NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- New Canaan Police recently used a saliva sample found at the scene of a 2009 burglary to charge a Stamford man with the crime, according to The New Canaan News.
Flamur Thaqi, 27, broke into a Frogtown home in 2009 and made off with thousands of dollars worth of items and left no fingerprints behind, the New Canaan News said. Police found a spot of saliva on a tire of a vehicle and were able to trace it back to Thaqi, the New Canaan News reported.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report