Updated 3:26 p.m. Saturday
NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan Police released the names Saturday of the man and woman who died in Friday’s apparent murder-suicide at 131 Park St. in New Canaan.
James Owen, 48, shot Billie D. Faigout-Owen, 52, Friday afternoon before shooting himself, police said in a statement issued to reporters. Both bodies were taken to the state's chief medical examiner’s office for autopsy, police said. No other information was released by police.
The couple is believed to be married.
Officers responded to the residence at about 2:40 p.m. Friday after receiving a report of a gunshot being fired.
Police said Friday that the two deceased people were the only residents of the condo, which is one of four units in the building. Both bodies were taken out on stretchers at about 7 p.m. Friday and put into in a black van from the state medical examiner's office in Farmington.
According to the medical examiner's office, one of the autopsies will be performed Sunday and the other Monday, though it is unclear which of the deceased will be examined first.
Check back with The Daily Voice for more information on this story.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal