DANBURY, Conn. -- Police in Danbury and Stamford were still investigating the deaths of two homeless men in Fairfield County in the cold weather in the past week, according to newstimes.com.
Danbury police said the homeless man, known only as Francisco, had checked into a homeless shelter on the night of Wednesday, Feb. 26, and that he left on his own at 2 a.m., newstimes.com reported.
The man is still listed as "unidentified" at the medical examiner's office, awaiting an autopsy to confirm suspicions he died of hypothermia, newstimes.com said.
Stamford police were also trying to determine the cause of death of an unidentified homeless man who was discovered in Cummings Park on Tuesday, March 4, according to newstimes.com.
Like the Danbury victim, the Stamford man remains unidentified and the cause of death has not yet been determined, newstimes.com said.
- 1 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 2 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 3 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 4 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty
- 5 Police Blame Pistol-Whipping, Rivalry For Stamford Slaying; 2 Arrests Made