DANBURY, Conn. -- Police in Danbury and Stamford were still investigating the deaths of two homeless men in Fairfield County in the cold weather in the past week, according to newstimes.com.
Danbury police said the homeless man, known only as Francisco, had checked into a homeless shelter on the night of Wednesday, Feb. 26, and that he left on his own at 2 a.m., newstimes.com reported.
The man is still listed as "unidentified" at the medical examiner's office, awaiting an autopsy to confirm suspicions he died of hypothermia, newstimes.com said.
Stamford police were also trying to determine the cause of death of an unidentified homeless man who was discovered in Cummings Park on Tuesday, March 4, according to newstimes.com.
Like the Danbury victim, the Stamford man remains unidentified and the cause of death has not yet been determined, newstimes.com said.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Threat Of Tick-Borne Diseases Serious, Growing In Fairfield, Says Report