Settings

Home Site
Notification
Push Notifications
Contact Us
Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT

Menu

Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Mulch Fire Spreads To Guest Room At Stamford Motel

The Stamford Fire Department extinguished a small fire at a city motel.
The Stamford Fire Department extinguished a small fire at a city motel. Photo Credit: stamfordfire.com

STAMFORD, Conn. -- Tossing cigarettes into a mulch pile resulted in a small fire that damaged the wall of a guest room at the Super 8 Motel in Stamford early Monday morning.

Firefighters were called out to the 32 Grenhart Road motel after a failed attempt to extinguish the mulch fire by the person who had called 911.

The fire had extended into the wall of a first floor guest room and was rapidly extinguished by the firefighters. A total of 27 firefighters responded to the call and they cleared the scene by 6:30 a.m.

Fire officials said any smoking-related materials should be safely discarded especially with the very dry conditions the area is experiencing.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stamford Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.