STAMFORD, Conn. — A man was shot at and cut on the hand while fending off a would-be robber in Stamford, Lt. Diedrich Hohn said.
The incident occurred Sunday at 8 p.m. on Diaz Street when the victim was approached by the two men, Hohn said. One, who had both a gun and a knife, was described as a 6-foot Hispanic man in his mid-20s wearing all black, the other as a heavyset black man in his mid-20s wearing a black jacket.
The victim grabbed the armed man in an attempt to protect himself, Hohn said. The suspect fired two rounds, both missing, but the victim received a puncture wound on his left hand when grabbing at the knife, Hohn said.
The black male was not involved in the skirmish, Hohn said.
The 29-year-old victim received stitches at Stamford Hospital and was released, he said.
Police are still looking for the two suspects.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Fairfield Sees 6-7 Inches Of Snow