STAMFORD, Conn. — A man drove his car into the water near the Ponus Yacht Club in Stamford’s South End on Wednesday night, Sgt. Robert Shawinsky said.
A contractor came to plow the parking lot of the yacht club and needed the man to move his car so he could clear the snow, Shawinsky said. The man then got in his car and drove off a boat ramp and into the water, the sergeant said.
When police arrived on the scene the plow driver was not there, and the man was standing there wet, Shawinsky said. A scuba team from the Fire Department went down to get the car, he said.
The man told police that the plow driver told him that was the way out, Shawinsky said. The plow driver left before police arrived on scene, he said.
No charges were filed, he said.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station