STAMFORD, Conn. — A man has been charged with sexually assaulting his 4-year-old niece, Stamford police said.
The arrest stems from last July when officers responded to a report of a sexual assault of a 4-year-old girl at Stamford Hospital, a police statement said. The investigation led to the victim’s uncle Adelino Vega-Dubron, 36, the statement said.
Vega-Dubron left the area but recently surfaced in Las Vegas, police said. He was held on a warrant until he was brought back to Stamford, the statement said. He was charged with first-degree sexual assault and risk of injury to a minor.
Bond has been set at $75,000.
Officer Louis Pasquino led the investigation, conducting many interviews to get the information needed to get a warrant for Vega-Dubron’s arrest. The Bureau of Criminal Investigation’s commended his effort.
- 1 Stamford Man Hit By Car Remains In Critical Condition
- 2 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 3 CDC Confirms First Case Of EV-D68 In Connecticut Child
- 4 Second West Nile Virus Case Confirmed In Stamford
- 5 Story Of How Stamford Cops Helped Autistic Man Will Go National On 'NBC'