STAMFORD, Conn. — A man has been charged with sexually assaulting his 4-year-old niece, Stamford police said.
The arrest stems from last July when officers responded to a report of a sexual assault of a 4-year-old girl at Stamford Hospital, a police statement said. The investigation led to the victim’s uncle Adelino Vega-Dubron, 36, the statement said.
Vega-Dubron left the area but recently surfaced in Las Vegas, police said. He was held on a warrant until he was brought back to Stamford, the statement said. He was charged with first-degree sexual assault and risk of injury to a minor.
Bond has been set at $75,000.
Officer Louis Pasquino led the investigation, conducting many interviews to get the information needed to get a warrant for Vega-Dubron’s arrest. The Bureau of Criminal Investigation’s commended his effort.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl
- 2 Young Stamford Gymnast Vaults To Forefront In State Competition
- 3 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker