STAMFORD, Conn. — A man with a gun was arrested on Stamford’s West Side on Tuesday morning, Sgt. Paul Vaccaro said.
Vaccaro said officers saw Jose Jolon-Villalta and another man walk behind a white van on Spruce Street, and come out with a white bag.
The two men were stopped and searched, and officers found beer in the bag and a .22 caliber handgun in Jolon-Villalta’s pocket.
The suspect did not have a permit for the weapon and told police that someone put the gun in his pocket to hold for safekeeping, and he was looking to return the gun to him, Vaccaro said.
The other man was let go, Vaccaro said.
Jolon-Villalta, 45, was charged with illegally carrying a pistol without a permit, and carrying a dangerous weapon, police said.
He was held on a $50,000 bond and will appear in court Tuesday, police said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 4 Former Fairfield University Basketball Player ID'd In Fatal Shooting
- 5 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School