STAMFORD, Conn. — A man with a gun was arrested on Stamford’s West Side on Tuesday morning, Sgt. Paul Vaccaro said.
Vaccaro said officers saw Jose Jolon-Villalta and another man walk behind a white van on Spruce Street, and come out with a white bag.
The two men were stopped and searched, and officers found beer in the bag and a .22 caliber handgun in Jolon-Villalta’s pocket.
The suspect did not have a permit for the weapon and told police that someone put the gun in his pocket to hold for safekeeping, and he was looking to return the gun to him, Vaccaro said.
The other man was let go, Vaccaro said.
Jolon-Villalta, 45, was charged with illegally carrying a pistol without a permit, and carrying a dangerous weapon, police said.
He was held on a $50,000 bond and will appear in court Tuesday, police said.
- 1 Stamford Woman Found Dead After Suspicious Fire In Home
- 2 Stamford Police Seek Suspect Involved In Crash, Chase
- 3 Embattled Stamford High School Appoints Two New Assistant Principals
- 4 Women Betrayed Group To Rally Against Planned Parenthood In Stamford
- 5 Police: Stamford Man Hit Woman With Two Chairs After Dispute Over Music