STAMFORD, Conn. -- A man who pulled a broken bottle on an Atlantic Street store clerk early Saturday didn’t get any money but he did get arrested, Stamford police said.
The man had entered the store at about 1 a.m. and was in the store a short while before confronting the clerk, police said. The clerk told the would-be assailant that he would call police, the police report said.
Miguel Cruz, 24, of 32 Coleman St., West Haven, was arrested by police a short time later. He was charged with attempt to commit robbery and carrying a dangerous weapon. He was released on $1,000 bond. There were no injuries reported in the incident.
In other arrests in Stamford:
- Tucker A. Benyus, 36, of 6 Rowan St., Norwalk, was charged with fourth-degree criminal mischief, interfering with an officer and second-degree breach of peace.
- Carlos Duarte, 41, of 95 Lafayette St., Stamford, was charged with third-degree assault, second-degree strangulation and disorderly conduct.
- Stetya Jean-Baptiste, 18, of 117 Myano Lane, Stamford, was charged with evading responsibility, operate motor vehicle without a license and failure to drive right.
- Freddy A. Lala, 33, of 125 Lafayette St., Stamford, was charged with failure to drive right, operating a motor vehicle under the influence and operating motor vehicle without a license.
- Stanislaw Piktel, 56, of 6 Andover Road, Stamford, was charged with illegal operation of a motor vehicle while under the influence of alcohol, operating motor vehicle without a license and failure to drive in a proper lane.
- Brandie A. Pineda, 29, of 1860 Summer St., Stamford, was charged with interfering with an officer and second-degree breach of peace.
- Robert Reinhardt, 49, of 88 Lafayette St., Stamford, was charged with possession of marijuana.
- Jecar Sepulveda-Castro, 24, of 40 Uclid Ave., Stamford, was charged with reckless driving, failure to insure motor vehicle and interfering with an officer.
- Alisha Cornellia Turner, 27, of 157 Lockwood Ave., Stamford, was charged with disorderly conduct, third-degree assault and risk of injury to a child.
- Isaiah Dwayne Wash, 18, of 15 Southwood Drive, Stamford, was charged with disorderly conduct and risk of injury to a child.