STAMFORD, Conn. -- A man was punched in the head in an attempted robbery at gunpoint and chased through his neighborhood by his attacker early Sunday morning in Stamford, police said.
The victim was walking south on Atlantic Street near Henry Street a about 6 a.m. when he was approached by a black male who demanded money, police said. After the victim said he didn't have any money, the robber held the gun with his right hand and punched him in the head with his left hand, police said.
The victim fled to his Henry Street home and was chased by the robber, police said. As the victim ran to the safety of his residence, the robber threatened to kill him, police said.
When officers arrived, the victim wasn't home, but they discovered blood on the steps leading into the apartment, police said. The victim returned shortly after, with a cut of about an inch and a half long on his head, police said.
The suspect was described as about 25 years old, and heavy-set, police said. He was wearing a white T-shirt and black pants.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 3 Police Search For Stamford Man In Armed Robbery Of Check-Cashing Business
- 4 Man Charged With Making Video Of Woman, 48, In Stamford Beach Bathroom
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Stamford