NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A former Stamford police officer was arrested in New Canaan last week and charged with impersonating an officer, according to a Patch report.
Theodore Winski, 61, has not been a police officer for many years but told a New Canaan officer he was "on the job" when he was pulled over with an expired registration on his car, according to the article.
He was charged with impersonating a police officer, driving an unregistered vehicle and driving with a suspended license, according to the article.
Winski was charged with impersonating an officer in 2003, convicted and sentenced to five years of probation in 2007, according to the article.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 3 Man, 21, Reported Missing Near Stamford
- 4 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 5 Stamford Cops Find Man Passed Out In Car With Engine Running