NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A former Stamford police officer was arrested in New Canaan last week and charged with impersonating an officer, according to a Patch report.
Theodore Winski, 61, has not been a police officer for many years but told a New Canaan officer he was "on the job" when he was pulled over with an expired registration on his car, according to the article.
He was charged with impersonating a police officer, driving an unregistered vehicle and driving with a suspended license, according to the article.
Winski was charged with impersonating an officer in 2003, convicted and sentenced to five years of probation in 2007, according to the article.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 3 Man Charged With Making Video Of Woman, 48, In Stamford Beach Bathroom
- 4 Police Search For Stamford Man In Armed Robbery Of Check-Cashing Business
- 5 Stamford Man Charged With Illegally Collecting $16K In Unemployment