NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A former Stamford police officer was arrested in New Canaan last week and charged with impersonating an officer, according to a Patch report.
Theodore Winski, 61, has not been a police officer for many years but told a New Canaan officer he was "on the job" when he was pulled over with an expired registration on his car, according to the article.
He was charged with impersonating a police officer, driving an unregistered vehicle and driving with a suspended license, according to the article.
Winski was charged with impersonating an officer in 2003, convicted and sentenced to five years of probation in 2007, according to the article.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Another Frigid Winter Unlikely In Stamford, NOAA Predicts