NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A former Stamford police officer was arrested in New Canaan last week and charged with impersonating an officer, according to a Patch report.
Theodore Winski, 61, has not been a police officer for many years but told a New Canaan officer he was "on the job" when he was pulled over with an expired registration on his car, according to the article.
He was charged with impersonating a police officer, driving an unregistered vehicle and driving with a suspended license, according to the article.
Winski was charged with impersonating an officer in 2003, convicted and sentenced to five years of probation in 2007, according to the article.
- 1 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Flee From Stamford To Norwalk
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Crumbs Makes A Cupcake Comeback In Stamford