Contact Us
Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Five Stamford Apartments Evacuated Due To High Levels Of Carbon Monoxide

Stamford Firefighters said apartments at 293 Bridge St., late Monday were filled with very high levels of carbon monoxide. No one was hurt.
Stamford Firefighters said apartments at 293 Bridge St., late Monday were filled with very high levels of carbon monoxide. No one was hurt. Photo Credit: Google maps

STAMFORD, Conn. -- Tragedy was averted after Stamford firefighters found what they called “extraordinary amounts” of carbon monoxide in an apartment complex at 293 Bridge St. late Monday.

No one was hurt, but occupants from five apartments in the complex had to be evacuated due to the carbon monoxide. The incident was blamed on a faulty heating appliance in one of the apartments, fire officials said.

Firefighters from the Woodside Fire Station, Engine Company 5, Westside and Central Fire Station were dispatched to the scene after the 10:33 p.m. call.

The firefighters wore self-contained breathing apparatus devices to aid in their searches due to the very high levels of carbon monoxide in neighboring apartments. The apartments were ventilated with high-powered fans to get rid of the carbon monoxide, officials said.

Firefighters urge residents to ensure they have a carbon monoxide detector outside each sleeping area and on every level of their home. Carbon monoxide is an odorless, tasteless and colorless gas, and it is deadly.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stamford Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.