STAMFORD, Conn. -- Working smoke detectors alerted residents in the Cove to a fire, which allowed them to get out of the home in time early Thursday, Stamford firefighters said.
Firefighters responded to the call at 3:20 a.m. to 82 Warren St. and discovered what was described as a "heavy fire" in the basement. The extent of the fire and the constricted area in the basement made the blaze difficult to fight, the fire department said in a statement.
The fire was declared under control at 4:20 a.m.
No one was hurt in the fire.
The fire department reminds residents to ensure smoke detectors are working.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.