Contact Us
Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT

Nearby Towns

Breaking News: Alien Who Lived In Fairfield County Charged With Illegally Reentering US
police & fire

Fire Started By Unattended Bathroom Candle Damages Stamford Apartment

The Stamford Fire Department responded to a call of a bathroom fire at around 3:42 a.m. this morning.
The Stamford Fire Department responded to a call of a bathroom fire at around 3:42 a.m. this morning. Photo Credit: File

STAMFORD, Conn. -- A Stamford family of five was displaced after a fire in the bathroom of their apartment early Friday, according to the Stamford Advocate.

An unattended candle burned to the bottom of its jar, which broke, then spread wax and then fire to a medicine cabinet, the Advocate reported.

A male resident of the 88 Lockwood Ave. apartment woke to a crash before he saw the fire, closed the bathroom door and called 911, said the Stamford Advocate. No injuries were reported in the blaze, the Advocate said.

Click here to read the Stamford Advocate article.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stamford Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.