STAMFORD, Conn. -- Stamford Fire officials are seeking the cause of a fire that caused smoke and some fire damage at the Springdale Laundromat on Saturday afternoon.
Stamford Fire Department responded to the scene at 1058 Hope St. at about 4:15 p.m. and discovered smoke coming from the roof and front entrance of the structure. Bystanders had attempted to extinguish the blaze with portable fire extinguishers, but heavy smoke was still visible in and around the building when firefighters arrived.
Firefighters were quickly able to contain and extinguish the blaze to a clothes dryer.
The building sustained smoke damage while two clothes dryers were also damaged. One firefighter suffered a minor burn but there were no other reported injuries.