STAMFORD, Conn. -- A convicted felon released from prison just last year was arrested by Stamford police Monday after he held people against their will at gunpoint in a home on Carolina Road, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Hostage negotiators and about 20 police officers arrested Gerald Cooley, 44, when the incident ended peacefully two hours after their arrival, police said. He was living in the house's second floor apartment, according to the article.
Cooley was convicted of federal drug trafficking charges in 2001 and released from prison sometime in 2013.
- 1 New Canaan Man Accused Of Sexually Assaulting 3-Year-Old At Wife's Day Care
- 2 Greenwich Girl, 17, Issued Tickets In Boating Death Of Friend Last Summer
- 3 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Stamford
- 4 Stamford Ranks High Among Young Professionals
- 5 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store