STAMFORD, Conn. -- A convicted felon released from prison just last year was arrested by Stamford police Monday after he held people against their will at gunpoint in a home on Carolina Road, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Hostage negotiators and about 20 police officers arrested Gerald Cooley, 44, when the incident ended peacefully two hours after their arrival, police said. He was living in the house's second floor apartment, according to the article.
Cooley was convicted of federal drug trafficking charges in 2001 and released from prison sometime in 2013.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Charged In Handsaw Attack In Stamford That Injured Ex's New Boyfriend
- 3 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say