STAMFORD, Conn. -- A convicted felon released from prison just last year was arrested by Stamford police Monday after he held people against their will at gunpoint in a home on Carolina Road, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Hostage negotiators and about 20 police officers arrested Gerald Cooley, 44, when the incident ended peacefully two hours after their arrival, police said. He was living in the house's second floor apartment, according to the article.
Cooley was convicted of federal drug trafficking charges in 2001 and released from prison sometime in 2013.
- 1 Stamford Police Warn Of Strange Men Approaching School Girls
- 2 Snow Could Be Returning To Stamford
- 3 Construction Worker Shot To Death At Road Work Site In Bridgeport
- 4 Police: Stamford Woman, 76, Beaten By Son Dies Of Injuries
- 5 Former Stamford Man Suspected In Darien Cop's Death Arrested On Gun Charges