STAMFORD, Conn. -- A convicted felon released from prison just last year was arrested by Stamford police Monday after he held people against their will at gunpoint in a home on Carolina Road, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Hostage negotiators and about 20 police officers arrested Gerald Cooley, 44, when the incident ended peacefully two hours after their arrival, police said. He was living in the house's second floor apartment, according to the article.
Cooley was convicted of federal drug trafficking charges in 2001 and released from prison sometime in 2013.
- 1 Stamford Cops: Greenwich Woman Charged After Leaving Child In Locked Car
- 2 Police: Cross-Dressing Man Charged In Stamford Mugging
- 3 Police: Homeless Patron Punches Stamford Bouncer In The Nose
- 4 Stamford Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Stamford Ranked Among Best Small To Midsize Cities In America