STAMFORD, Conn. -- A convicted felon released from prison just last year was arrested by Stamford police Monday after he held people against their will at gunpoint in a home on Carolina Road, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Hostage negotiators and about 20 police officers arrested Gerald Cooley, 44, when the incident ended peacefully two hours after their arrival, police said. He was living in the house's second floor apartment, according to the article.
Cooley was convicted of federal drug trafficking charges in 2001 and released from prison sometime in 2013.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Stamford
- 5 Future 5 Hires First Development Director In Stamford