STAMFORD Conn. - A car slammed into a home on Cody Drive in Stamford late Tuesday afternoon, Stamford police said.
William Vecinus, a resident of 99 Turner Road, saw the blue sports utility vehicle speed around the corner onto Turner Road. The car went up his front lawn and was airborne for "about 30 feet" before continuing into the side of the next house, he said.
"I can still play it back in my mind, " Vecinus said.
He described the driver as an elderly woman and said she was bleeding when paramedics took her to the hospital.
"Hopefully everyone is OK," he said.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Nor'easter To Impact Stamford On Wednesday
- 2 Man With Knife Robs Man Walking Dog, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Stamford High Principal, Assistant Apply For Special Court Program
- 4 No Injuries Reported In Car Fire On Merritt Parkway In Greenwich
- 5 NYC Doctor Is First Person In The Tristate Area To Test Positive For Ebola