STAMFORD Conn. - A car slammed into a home on Cody Drive in Stamford late Tuesday afternoon, Stamford police said.
William Vecinus, a resident of 99 Turner Road, saw the blue sports utility vehicle speed around the corner onto Turner Road. The car went up his front lawn and was airborne for "about 30 feet" before continuing into the side of the next house, he said.
"I can still play it back in my mind, " Vecinus said.
He described the driver as an elderly woman and said she was bleeding when paramedics took her to the hospital.
"Hopefully everyone is OK," he said.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Police: Stamford Man Charged With Drunken Driving Violated Probation
- 2 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News
- 3 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station
- 4 Open Houses In Stamford This Weekend
- 5 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight