STAMFORD Conn. - A car slammed into a home on Cody Drive in Stamford late Tuesday afternoon, Stamford police said.
William Vecinus, a resident of 99 Turner Road, saw the blue sports utility vehicle speed around the corner onto Turner Road. The car went up his front lawn and was airborne for "about 30 feet" before continuing into the side of the next house, he said.
"I can still play it back in my mind, " Vecinus said.
He described the driver as an elderly woman and said she was bleeding when paramedics took her to the hospital.
"Hopefully everyone is OK," he said.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Stamford Man Charged With Spitting At Cabbie During Traffic Dispute
- 2 Stamford's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Merritt Reopens In Greenwich After Truck Slams Into Bridge, Catches Fire
- 4 Popular Armonk Restaurant Plans Stamford Opening
- 5 Two Human Skulls Found At Stamford Transfer Station, Police Say