STAMFORD Conn. - A car slammed into a home on Cody Drive in Stamford late Tuesday afternoon, Stamford police said.
William Vecinus, a resident of 99 Turner Road, saw the blue sports utility vehicle speed around the corner onto Turner Road. The car went up his front lawn and was airborne for "about 30 feet" before continuing into the side of the next house, he said.
"I can still play it back in my mind, " Vecinus said.
He described the driver as an elderly woman and said she was bleeding when paramedics took her to the hospital.
"Hopefully everyone is OK," he said.
Check back with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 2 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport
- 5 Giuseppe And Livia Fortuna, 91 And 86, Of Stamford