DARIEN, Conn. -- A Darien woman returned home to find a masked intruder in her Anthony Lane home Thursday morning, according to police.
The woman came home at about 11:30 a.m. and encountered the man in her living room, police said.
The man began to walk toward her when confronted, and she ran out of the house and to a neighbor's home to call 911, police said.
When running away, she fell and injured her arm, police said. She was later treated by Darien EMS at the scene.
Officers responded to the area and set up a perimeter to investigate and search for the suspect in the home invasion, police said. The K-9 Unit was called in, but officers were unable to locate a suspect. Stamford police and state police also assisted with the search due to the close proximity to I-95 and the Stamford city line.
A detailed list of the property taken from the home is undetermined at this time, police said.
Darien police are investigating the incident and any connection it may have to recent burglaries in the area and in nearby Stamford.
Anybody with information about the incident or similar incidents is asked to call the Darien Police Detective Division at 203-662-5330.
- 1 Stamford Man, Girlfriend Charged In Attack On His Ex-Wife
- 2 Update: Two Men Charged With Murder In Fatal Shooting In Stamford In 2012
- 3 Man Arrested After Chase Charged With Throwing Rock At Stamford Police Cars
- 4 Police: Stamford Woman Hid In Dumpster After Stealing From CVS
- 5 Dentist Involved In Stamford Medicaid Fraud Scheme Pleads Guilty