STAMFORD, Conn. — A Stamford man had his nose bitten off during an attempted robbery just after midnight Friday, Sgt. Robert Shawinsky said.
The man was approached by three black men in front of his home on Piave Street, and they tried to take his car keys and cell phone, Shawinsky said. The victim resisted and was attacked by the three, during which his nose was bitten, Shawinsky said.
The attackers left without the man’s keys, wallet, and phone, Shawinsky said. No evidence of the attack was found at the scene, he said.
The man reported the incident while being treated at Stamford Hospital, Shawinsky said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By FBI, Homeland Security
- 2 Man Arrested After Driving Drunk, Crash, Police Pursuit, Stamford Cops Say
- 3 Teens Charged With Using Stun Gun At Stamford High Summer School
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 July 4 Terror Threat 'Nothing Routine,' Says Former CIA Deputy Director