STAMFORD, Conn. — A Stamford man was arrested after he was accused of beating up his ex-girlfriend in front of their three kids just after midnight on Christmas morning, Lt. Diedrich Hohn said.
Rony Arturo Diaz, 32, got a ride home from a family function from his ex-girlfriend, 31, and he asked her to take him back, Hohn said. When she turned him down, he became angry and began pulling her hair, strangling her, and slapping her in the face, Hohn said.
They were parked in the driveway of his residence at 7 Woodrow St., when she was assaulted her, Hohn said. The children were sitting in the car, while the attack took place, he said.
Diaz ran off after the incident, but was found and arrested by the Special Victims Unit just before noon on Tuesday, the lieutenant said.
He was charged with two counts of third-degree assault, four counts of violation of protective order, three counts of risk of injury to a child, third-degree strangulation and disorderly conduct, police said. He was held on a $100,000 bond.
- 1 Police: Drunk N.H. Man With Loaded Handgun Arrested At Gunpoint In Stamford
- 2 Metro-North Train Hits, Kills Man On Tracks Near Fairfield Metro Station
- 3 Stamford High Picks New Principal In Wake Of Teacher-Student Sex Scandal
- 4 Bear Drops In At Backyard, Country Club In Greenwich
- 5 Norwalk Police: Stamford Man Stole Truck, Then Returned It