STAMFORD, Conn. — A Stamford man was arrested after he was accused of beating up his ex-girlfriend in front of their three kids just after midnight on Christmas morning, Lt. Diedrich Hohn said.
Rony Arturo Diaz, 32, got a ride home from a family function from his ex-girlfriend, 31, and he asked her to take him back, Hohn said. When she turned him down, he became angry and began pulling her hair, strangling her, and slapping her in the face, Hohn said.
They were parked in the driveway of his residence at 7 Woodrow St., when she was assaulted her, Hohn said. The children were sitting in the car, while the attack took place, he said.
Diaz ran off after the incident, but was found and arrested by the Special Victims Unit just before noon on Tuesday, the lieutenant said.
He was charged with two counts of third-degree assault, four counts of violation of protective order, three counts of risk of injury to a child, third-degree strangulation and disorderly conduct, police said. He was held on a $100,000 bond.
- 1 Stamford Doctor Pleads Guilty To Narcotics Distribution, Fraud
- 2 Stamford Man Charged In Late Night Sex Assault In Apartment Building
- 3 One Killed In Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield; Two Pulled From Wreckage
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Stamford Man Charged With Visiting Apartment Building Despite Ban