STAMFORD, Conn. — A 78-year-old Stamford man was issued a misdemeanor summons after he was accused of punching his girlfriend when she made a romantic advance, Sgt. Thomas Barcello said.
The suspect, Michael Munk, and his girlfriend, 64, were in bed together when she started to make romantic advances at him Wednesday night, Barcello said. The suspect told police that during her advances she hurt him, and he reacted by punching her, the sergeant said.
After the incident the two went to sleep, and the incident was not reported until Thursday when the victim went to Greenwich Hospital for injuries to her back and shoulder, Barcello said.
The two did have a verbal argument earlier in the night about how Munk cared for the victim, the sergeant said. He did not say if it had any bearing into what took place later.
The misdemeanor summons issued was for third-degree assault, and the suspect is scheduled to appear in court Friday.
- 1 Stamford Police Arrest Armed Man After Tense Standoff At Pizza Place
- 2 Stamford Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Stamford With Snow, Ice In Forecast
- 4 Teen Reported Missing A Month Ago In Norwalk Found Safe In Fairfield
- 5 Stamford Could See Light Snow Through Thursday Morning