STAMFORD, Conn. — A 78-year-old Stamford man was issued a misdemeanor summons after he was accused of punching his girlfriend when she made a romantic advance, Sgt. Thomas Barcello said.
The suspect, Michael Munk, and his girlfriend, 64, were in bed together when she started to make romantic advances at him Wednesday night, Barcello said. The suspect told police that during her advances she hurt him, and he reacted by punching her, the sergeant said.
After the incident the two went to sleep, and the incident was not reported until Thursday when the victim went to Greenwich Hospital for injuries to her back and shoulder, Barcello said.
The two did have a verbal argument earlier in the night about how Munk cared for the victim, the sergeant said. He did not say if it had any bearing into what took place later.
The misdemeanor summons issued was for third-degree assault, and the suspect is scheduled to appear in court Friday.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 3 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 4 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Stamford
- 5 Future 5 Hires First Development Director In Stamford