STAMFORD, Conn. — Two Chinese-food delivery men were robbed at gun point Sunday night in the Shippan neighborhood of Stamford, Sgt. Robert Shawinsky said.
The delivery men from the China King restaurant were bringing an order to 79 Warren St., when they got out of the car and two men approached them, the sergeant said. One of the suspects pulled a gun out, while the other took cash and the food from the victims, he said.
The suspects made off with $400 to $500 in cash, Shawinsky said.
The victims described the suspects as black males, both standing about 5 feet 8 inches, and one was wearing a red bandana, the sergeant said. The gun was described as a small, black pistol, he said.
Police do not know if the suspects have any connection to the address where the incident took place, and may have just been near there when they called, Shawinsky said. The phone used to make the call to the restaurant appears to have been stolen, he said.
- 1 Police: Missing Stamford Man Found Dead On Shippan Beach
- 2 Man Robbed While Walking Up To Third Floor Apartment, Stamford Police Say
- 3 Police: Body Of Young Man Found In Stamford Harbor
- 4 Car Rollover On I-95 In Fairfield Requires Complicated Extractions
- 5 Pedestrian Struck, Killed By Train At Fairfield Station