Settings

Home Site
Notification
Push Notifications
Contact Us
Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT

Menu

Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT

Nearby Towns

police & fire

Cigarette Apparently Caused Apartment Fire In Stamford

A man is in the hospital for smoke inhalation he suffered in a fire in his Atlantic Street apartment, reportedly because of a lit cigarette.
A man is in the hospital for smoke inhalation he suffered in a fire in his Atlantic Street apartment, reportedly because of a lit cigarette. Photo Credit: Anthony Buzzeo

STAMFORD, Conn. -- A 64-year-old Stamford man is in the hospital for smoke inhalation he suffered in a fire in his Atlantic Street apartment, reportedly due to a lit cigarette, according to the Stamford Advocate.

The property's landlord found the victim on the second floor of a two-family house Monday afternoon, the Stamford Advocate reported.

Firefighters arrived to find a fire in a walk-up attic, where there are four separate rooms, Fire Marshal Charles Spaulding told the Stamford Advocate.

Click here for the for the Stamford Advocate report.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stamford Daily Voice!

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.