STAMFORD, Conn. -- A fire at a Summer Street Chinese restaurant in Stamford is suspected of being arson -- and is the second such fire at an Asian eatery in eight days, according to CTNews.com.
A fire-accelerant sniffing K-9 reportedly detected flammable liquids near where the fire began in the kitchen of Pearl East at 2720 Summer St.
The restaurant suffered extensive damage, according to the article.
Eight days ago, a fire at Sushi XII on Atlantic St., less than two miles from where the Pearl East fire occurred, was also ruled an arson, according to the article.
Stamford fire officials are reportedly investigating whether there is more than coincidence between the two fires. As of now, nothing connects the two fires other than the cause, according to the article.
- 1 Stamford Woman Avoids Being Swindled Out Of Thousands In Craigslist Scam
- 2 Norwalk Cop Prevents Metro-North Train From Hitting Car On Tracks
- 3 Family Asks For Help In Finding Missing College Student, 21, From Fairfield
- 4 Report Says 54 Arrests Were Made At Stamford Schools In 2013
- 5 Stamford Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday