STAMFORD, Conn. – Stamford police recovered the body of a 50-year-old man Saturday at Cove Island beach.
Police said Saturday evening they have a tentative identification of the man but have not yet notified next of kin.
Police received a call at 3:15 p.m. from a man who was walking on the beach when he saw the body. Police found the body on some rocks, Sgt. Anthony Lupiancci said.
“He was fully clothed and dressed for the weather, so it’s possible he fell in the water and the tide brought him out,” Lupiancci said. “Nothing appears suspicious.”
An autopsy will be performed, Lupiancci said.
- 1 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 2 Stamford EMTs Use Narcan For First Time To Save Man From Overdose
- 3 Man Charged With Making Video Of Woman, 48, In Stamford Beach Bathroom
- 4 Police Search For Stamford Man In Armed Robbery Of Check-Cashing Business
- 5 Stamford Man Charged With Illegally Collecting $16K In Unemployment