STAMFORD, Conn. – Stamford police recovered the body of a 50-year-old man Saturday at Cove Island beach.
Police said Saturday evening they have a tentative identification of the man but have not yet notified next of kin.
Police received a call at 3:15 p.m. from a man who was walking on the beach when he saw the body. Police found the body on some rocks, Sgt. Anthony Lupiancci said.
“He was fully clothed and dressed for the weather, so it’s possible he fell in the water and the tide brought him out,” Lupiancci said. “Nothing appears suspicious.”
An autopsy will be performed, Lupiancci said.
- 1 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Stamford
- 2 Young Stamford Gymnast Vaults To Forefront In State Competition
- 3 Man Found Dead In Car In Grocery Store Parking Lot In Fairfield
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teenage Girl