STAMFORD, Conn. – Stamford police recovered the body of a 50-year-old man Saturday at Cove Island beach.
Police said Saturday evening they have a tentative identification of the man but have not yet notified next of kin.
Police received a call at 3:15 p.m. from a man who was walking on the beach when he saw the body. Police found the body on some rocks, Sgt. Anthony Lupiancci said.
“He was fully clothed and dressed for the weather, so it’s possible he fell in the water and the tide brought him out,” Lupiancci said. “Nothing appears suspicious.”
An autopsy will be performed, Lupiancci said.
- 1 Bridgeport/Stamford Area Ranked As Most Unequal Place In Nation
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Stamford
- 3 Stamford Man Who Defrauded Clients Of $191K Gets One Year In Prison
- 4 Suspects In Custody After Shooters Fled From Stamford To Norwalk
- 5 One Man Dead After Altercation On Route 25/8 Ramp In Bridgeport