STAMFORD, Conn. – Stamford police recovered the body of a 50-year-old man Saturday at Cove Island beach.
Police said Saturday evening they have a tentative identification of the man but have not yet notified next of kin.
Police received a call at 3:15 p.m. from a man who was walking on the beach when he saw the body. Police found the body on some rocks, Sgt. Anthony Lupiancci said.
“He was fully clothed and dressed for the weather, so it’s possible he fell in the water and the tide brought him out,” Lupiancci said. “Nothing appears suspicious.”
An autopsy will be performed, Lupiancci said.
- 1 9 Billionaires In Connecticut Make The Cut For Forbes 400
- 2 Malloy's Sandy Hook Advisory Panel Calls For Homeschooling Oversight
- 3 Arrest Of Stamford Duo In Shippan Car Break-Ins Tops Week’s News
- 4 Greenwich Man Who Hit Stamford Cop With Car Arrested After Police Chase
- 5 Metro-North Still Plans On Moving New Haven Line To Penn Station