STAMFORD, Conn. – Stamford police recovered the body of a 50-year-old man Saturday at Cove Island beach.
Police said Saturday evening they have a tentative identification of the man but have not yet notified next of kin.
Police received a call at 3:15 p.m. from a man who was walking on the beach when he saw the body. Police found the body on some rocks, Sgt. Anthony Lupiancci said.
“He was fully clothed and dressed for the weather, so it’s possible he fell in the water and the tide brought him out,” Lupiancci said. “Nothing appears suspicious.”
An autopsy will be performed, Lupiancci said.
- 1 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 2 Wilton Man Charged After Wandering In Stamford Home, Looking To Use Shower
- 3 Stamford Man Stopped On I-684 Charged With Driving Wrong Way, DWI
- 4 Stamford Board Of Ed Employee Charged With Sexually Assaulting Co-Worker
- 5 'I Am A Woman,' Newtown High School Graduate Jenner Says In 20/20 Interview